Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ the Anachronism Guild ~

Back to Guilds

The guild for lovers of Steampunk, other Anachronisms and the Victorian Age — be you Dashing Adventurer or Airship Pirate, all are welcome! 

Tags: Steampunk, Victorian, Science, Airship, Anachronism 

Reply the Museum (steampunk art & illustration)
Awesome Steampunk Pic Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Amossk

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:49 pm


This is one of my favorite steampunk pics. I'm sure most of you have seen it before though http://fc64.deviantart.com/fs12/f/2006/339/2/1/Steampunk_Airship_Pilot_by_homarusrex.jpg

I soooo want a jacket and boots like that XD

discuss your favorite steampunk artworks. Link them if you can
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:42 pm


This All-Story magazine cover painting by Harry Grant Dart, circa 1900, is one of my favorites.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_sGYULzoQCgA/RoVoEnmuf_I/AAAAAAAAA0A/AdMRvIiNCaI/s1600-h/circa+1900+harry+grant+dart+full+paleo-future.jpg

Okay Bad Example


Amossk

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:41 am


No Such Machine
This All-Story magazine cover painting by Harry Grant Dart, circa 1900, is one of my favorites.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_sGYULzoQCgA/RoVoEnmuf_I/AAAAAAAAA0A/AdMRvIiNCaI/s1600-h/circa+1900+harry+grant+dart+full+paleo-future.jpg


ohh, very nice
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:15 pm


I have quite a few... I hope no one minds. XD
Deviantart is a treasure trove of fine steampunkery. First, I really like this digital scene by IgnisFerroque. It looks like one could take that train to/from an airship dock. Many people who commented on that piece said it reminds them of a PC game called Syberia, which has some elements of steampunk in it. I've never played the game (I plan to), but having seen images from it, I can say that it does remind me of it.

Passage
http://fc32.deviantart.com/fs28/i/2008/130/b/2/Passage_by_IgnisFerroque.jpg

Hibbary makes some wonderful sculpture jewelry as well. I particularly love these two pieces by her (I'm a sucker for gears/cogs):

Cyber Moon
http://fc47.deviantart.com/fs27/f/2008/125/8/f/Cyber_Moon_by_hibbary.jpg

Two Halves of a Whole
http://fc39.deviantart.com/fs32/f/2008/229/c/8/Two_Halves_of_a_Whole_by_hibbary.jpg

Smakeupfx makes many wonderful props. A few of these props have been books with working features. This book has a working astrolabe, quadrant, and abacus. Pretty spiffy, eh wot? He also has another steampunk-type book, but I didn't find it as appealing as this one.

Astrolabe Book
http://smakeupfx.deviantart.com/art/Astrolabe-Book-93082297

And lastly, I am in love with Victorian mourning jewelry. This piece by Scoop51 could also pass for a nice steamy choker.

Memento Mori
http://fc05.deviantart.com/fs29/f/2008/169/3/3/Memento_Mori_by_Scoop51.jpg
 

Lily Vintersorg

Sparkly Genius


Amossk

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:12 am


Lily Darling
I have quite a few... I hope no one minds. XD
Deviantart is a treasure trove of fine steampunkery. First, I really like this digital scene by IgnisFerroque. It looks like one could take that train to/from an airship dock. Many people who commented on that piece said it reminds them of a PC game called Syberia, which has some elements of steampunk in it. I've never played the game (I plan to), but having seen images from it, I can say that it does remind me of it.

Passage
http://fc32.deviantart.com/fs28/i/2008/130/b/2/Passage_by_IgnisFerroque.jpg

Hibbary makes some wonderful sculpture jewelry as well. I particularly love these two pieces by her (I'm a sucker for gears/cogs):

Cyber Moon
http://fc47.deviantart.com/fs27/f/2008/125/8/f/Cyber_Moon_by_hibbary.jpg

Two Halves of a Whole
http://fc39.deviantart.com/fs32/f/2008/229/c/8/Two_Halves_of_a_Whole_by_hibbary.jpg

Smakeupfx makes many wonderful props. A few of these props have been books with working features. This book has a working astrolabe, quadrant, and abacus. Pretty spiffy, eh wot? He also has another steampunk-type book, but I didn't find it as appealing as this one.

Astrolabe Book
http://smakeupfx.deviantart.com/art/Astrolabe-Book-93082297

And lastly, I am in love with Victorian mourning jewelry. This piece by Scoop51 could also pass for a nice steamy choker.

Memento Mori
http://fc05.deviantart.com/fs29/f/2008/169/3/3/Memento_Mori_by_Scoop51.jpg


Very impressive! I love them :3
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:54 am


Lily Darling
I have quite a few... I hope no one minds. XD
Deviantart is a treasure trove of fine steampunkery. First, I really like this digital scene by IgnisFerroque. It looks like one could take that train to/from an airship dock. Many people who commented on that piece said it reminds them of a PC game called Syberia, which has some elements of steampunk in it. I've never played the game (I plan to), but having seen images from it, I can say that it does remind me of it.

Passage
http://fc32.deviantart.com/fs28/i/2008/130/b/2/Passage_by_IgnisFerroque.jpg

Hibbary makes some wonderful sculpture jewelry as well. I particularly love these two pieces by her (I'm a sucker for gears/cogs):

Cyber Moon
http://fc47.deviantart.com/fs27/f/2008/125/8/f/Cyber_Moon_by_hibbary.jpg

Two Halves of a Whole
http://fc39.deviantart.com/fs32/f/2008/229/c/8/Two_Halves_of_a_Whole_by_hibbary.jpg

Smakeupfx makes many wonderful props. A few of these props have been books with working features. This book has a working astrolabe, quadrant, and abacus. Pretty spiffy, eh wot? He also has another steampunk-type book, but I didn't find it as appealing as this one.

Astrolabe Book
http://smakeupfx.deviantart.com/art/Astrolabe-Book-93082297

And lastly, I am in love with Victorian mourning jewelry. This piece by Scoop51 could also pass for a nice steamy choker.

Memento Mori
http://fc05.deviantart.com/fs29/f/2008/169/3/3/Memento_Mori_by_Scoop51.jpg


Wow... that jewelry is beautiful. heart

Shifty lil Pixie


HN-Shade

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:24 am


All of it is beautiful. heart

The jewelry kind of reminds me of the stuff I put together for myself or as gifts.
I love tinkering with old watches~ cases, movements.
Dioramas are quite fun to put together, I'll have to post up some of mine sometime. :3

Etsy isn't an art website, but it's quite fun to look around in. There's a lot of steampunk styled items there, from gear jewelry, to handmade clothing/corsets, to little miniature ray guns and desk decorations. Some are quite affordable too, or might give you ideas to do on your own. :]
Etsy - > Steampunk Just add tags to find some great stuff.
like Etsy - > Steampunk Print will come up with some wonderful artwork.

I can spend hours looking at all the stuff there.

I actually bought this for myself a while back, as well as some watch parts to add to my supplies for my urges to create things.
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:08 am


Amossk
Very impressive! I love them :3

Thank you~ (^_Q)

Captain Colbmeister
Wow... that jewelry is beautiful. heart

I know... I wish they were actually selling the pieces. I've decided once I get some time and Fimo, I'm going to try replicating them for my own collection or maybe even make up something else entirely, who knows~

HN-Shade
I actually bought this for myself a while back, as well as some watch parts to add to my supplies for my urges to create things.

Oh I need one of those now! I try to avoid etsy or else I would be wishing for (and sometimes buying) lovely things I don't really need. XD
However, it's good to treat oneself every now and then. I'll see about next month, as I've already outdone myself this month. Hehe.
I do wish we could subscribe to threads in here. I tend to lose track of them.
 

Lily Vintersorg

Sparkly Genius


Zexion_DMXRemix

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:43 pm


Amossk
This is one of my favorite steampunk pics. I'm sure most of you have seen it before though http://fc64.deviantart.com/fs12/f/2006/339/2/1/Steampunk_Airship_Pilot_by_homarusrex.jpg

I soooo want a jacket and boots like that XD

discuss your favorite steampunk artworks. Link them if you can

Can you link to the Artist page?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:19 pm


Zexion_DMXRemix
Amossk
This is one of my favorite steampunk pics. I'm sure most of you have seen it before though http://fc64.deviantart.com/fs12/f/2006/339/2/1/Steampunk_Airship_Pilot_by_homarusrex.jpg

I soooo want a jacket and boots like that XD

discuss your favorite steampunk artworks. Link them if you can

Can you link to the Artist page?


The link to that artist?
Link

Otherwise, yes, link us to some artist's pages! heart

HN-Shade


Amossk

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:31 pm


HN-Shade
Zexion_DMXRemix
Amossk
This is one of my favorite steampunk pics. I'm sure most of you have seen it before though http://fc64.deviantart.com/fs12/f/2006/339/2/1/Steampunk_Airship_Pilot_by_homarusrex.jpg

I soooo want a jacket and boots like that XD

discuss your favorite steampunk artworks. Link them if you can

Can you link to the Artist page?


The link to that artist?
Link

Otherwise, yes, link us to some artist's pages! heart


^_Q
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:41 pm


Here's another deviantart thing. This guy made a bunch of tiny robots from things he found. They're so cute, I want them all~ (^_Q)
Because We're All Different by Kiliwatch
It was one of today's 'daily deviations'. And here's a description of it:

The artist himself explained this work as, "This is the result of a project I've been working on since December. The main message is in the title. Everyone is unique. This may seem rather obvious, but not everybody acts like they're aware of this. Because of this I started making these little robots made out of the lost or thrown away stuff of others. Just to make clear that even though people sometimes seem to be nothing more than cogs and clockwork, they're all unique. Besides lost stuff from the streets, I also used some parts of thrown-away computers."
 

Lily Vintersorg

Sparkly Genius


Crouley

Dapper Genius

650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:30 pm


Can I blame you folk when my dad gets mad at me? I just became motivated to raid the garage for parts...

Because I want THIS
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:31 pm


Lily Darling
Here's another deviantart thing. This guy made a bunch of tiny robots from things he found. They're so cute, I want them all~ (^_Q)
Because We're All Different by Kiliwatch
It was one of today's 'daily deviations'. And here's a description of it:

The artist himself explained this work as, "This is the result of a project I've been working on since December. The main message is in the title. Everyone is unique. This may seem rather obvious, but not everybody acts like they're aware of this. Because of this I started making these little robots made out of the lost or thrown away stuff of others. Just to make clear that even though people sometimes seem to be nothing more than cogs and clockwork, they're all unique. Besides lost stuff from the streets, I also used some parts of thrown-away computers."


wow XD
theyr cute. sure are alot of em XD

Amossk


Roland_Jamison

7,550 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:43 pm


I found this on DeviantART a few months ago, and saved it to my favorates.

http://monsterkookies.deviantart.com/art/My-Heart-Ticks-108432430

I also found this picture where Snoop-Dogg is a pair of goggles away from a full steampunk look.

http://cheatingly.deviantart.com/art/Portrait-of-Snoop-Dogg-95753247
Reply
the Museum (steampunk art & illustration)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]
 
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games
//
//

// //

Have an account? Login Now!

//
//